Friday, June 12, 2009


This is Brittany, she's had a very unlucky day.




It all started about 10am when she was in her car driving along and listening to music. All of a sudden the music got quieter! What happened? Brittany used to have 6 speakers in her car, since all 3 on the dirvers side blew she now has 3. It was a very sad moment. However, not to be detered she turned up the music kept on going and hoped the day would not get any worse. It did.

















That afternoon Brittany put 2 eggs in the microwave to boil. Before she knew what was happening, BANG!! the microwave blew up. She now has no microwave and eggs all over the kitchen. It's a very smelly kitchen. The microwave now sits out by the trash can waiting to be taken to the microwave retirement dump.






That evening Brittany made the mistake of deciding to get behind the wheel...again. Now, Brittany had a relatively dent and scratch free car and desired to keep it that way so as she was backing out of the driveway she watched the house on her passenger side very closely to make sure she did not hit it. While concentrating on not hitting the house on her passenger side Brittany forgot all about the fence on her drivers side...





















Brittany backed into the fence.





The fence faired better than her car.


Later that same week Brittany decided to do laundry, (this is a good thing). Now, Brittany is from the country and there's nothing she loves better than crisp line dried clothes. Ok there are things she loves more but crisp line dried clothes is near the top of the list. Anyway, she decided that she would hang her clothes out on the fire escape (and hillbillify the place) to dry them. An hour later she found herself frantically climbing down the fire escape and running all over her own back yard as well as Dr. Farmers to retrieve her clothes that had flown off the fire escape.




After she climbed back up the fire escape she noticed a shirt, her favorite shirt, in the top of a tree the cable guy ( I think he was cable) was quickly coerced into pulling his ladder out of the front yard, into the back yard and climbing up the tree to retrieve the shirt. He was a very nice and helpful man.
Brittany no longer parks in the driveway. She now parks on the street and she has decided that the dryer is almost as nice as line dried clothes.

4 comments:

Megobuddy said...

Brittany, this post made me laugh so hard! I can picture everything so clearly in my mind. I like the pictures to go along with the story (especially the one of the supposed cable guy retrieving your shirt and him warily looking at you).

I also liked that you wanted to "hillbillify" the place. I think Mr. Profitt would appreciate your made up word. (I HATE line-dried clothes. My mother insists on hanging out clothes to save money and my shirts are stiff, my socks are two times longer and our towels feel like sand paper!)

I hope things get better for you. Keep blogging! You have some good posts (and funny ones too!).

TKB said...

ROFL! Even though I've already heard these stories, I love seeing them w/the pics! You're such a goober...and I'm wondering...did you get the cable guys number? Cuz I can so see you doing that just for kicks! lol

And I agree w/you Meg on the whole line-dried clothes! They feel so icky! Stiff and scratchy!

Glad you're blogging Britt!

Alanna said...

what a lovely day! :) You should sleep now! :)

Brittany said...

Tiff- No, I didn't. I was to busy being moritfied that I had to run across Dr. Farmers yard to retrieve my pj's and t-shirt.