Sunday, August 9, 2009

I sit here nervously awaiting the news. Will Bilbo ever run again? Will I ever hear the sweet and slightly aggravating sound of him stalling out? What will become of him? I know it is Sunday but my ox, or rather my car, is in the ditch. And by "in the ditch" I mean, torn apart in the barn and needs to be put back together so I can go to work. He has been torn apart and put back together so many times. His insides lying all over the floor on display for all to see.


He's had so much work and yet, I get in and turn the key. The big moment is here, I can finally hear the sound my ears have longed to hear for almost 3 weeks. I turn the key and, "EEEEERRRRRRR" that is most definitely NOT the sound I wanted to hear. He has several new gaskets, a new head gasket, fan, radiator, spark plugs, wires, cruise cable fixed, (Yes! I once again have cruise. It makes the incredible journey much easier.) flushed and refilled coolant, oil change and "eeeerrrr". WHAT?!? So, here we go again, taking him apart and fixing the timing. I have worked on him.


My dad has worked on him.



My uncle has worked on him.

I have even sat there, enjoying my popsicle and offering silent moral support.



Yet, he still does not run. How long? How long must I wait until I can once again feel the rev of first gear under my foot. Oh, I pray all goes well.

1 comment:

TKB said...

I LOVE the pics!!! Especially the ones of YOU under there! :-D They're awesome...

...but I'm sorry about the frustrations that made them possible.

(Btw, you really should blog more - it's enjoyable for the rest of us...or at least for me!) ;-)